Saturday 2 April 2011

Cupcakes, chasing dreams and the city

The title of this blog pretty much describes my life. How? Well, you see - cupcakes are my escape. Pretty, delicate little cupcakes or big, chunky thigh-attacking ones. Cupcakes take me to a special place.
Chasing dreams. Ok, I lied about the chasing part. I'm pretty good at creating the most perfect world within the confines of my own mind. But it's the chasing of such dreams which seems to be my biggest hurdle.
Be a bartender in London, own a cupcake shop, run a boutique in France, travel Europe... HECK, tidy my room would be a great start!
Hmm.. effort required... inability to follow through kicking in.... and such is my life.
So here I am. In a small town - wait what?! Ok, that right there. Small town. Really?
Ugh, there is nothing less appealing to me than small towns. I fail to see ANY plus side to small towns. Except that in this one, I happen to have a husband and family. So ok, I'll stay.
But honestly, the city is where my heart really lies. Stinky pollution, stand-still traffic, noisy construction sites, sense of invisibility = my idea of heaven.
So this, essentially, is my life.
I read books about cupcakes, I make cupcakes and then I eat said cupcakes. I dream about the big, bad world and what it has to offer me. And I pine for my dear, beloved city (any city will do, but Brisbane is my first true love).
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't exchange my life for another. Not ever. But let's just say that somewhere, there is an empty little shop sitting in the middle of a bustling inner-city suburb with my name on it, just waiting for me to turn it into my special little cupcake shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment